Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mom's visit and Nursery Progress

This weekend I was blessed with a 4-day weekend due to a temperature-related school cancellation and MLK day. My Mom came in on Friday and helped me finish up some things I had on my "baby to do list!" Mom helped me cook several meals to freeze for after baby boy is born. We made lots of yummy things! It was so fun to have her here. We also did a few things in the nursery and got some items for the hospital bag that I needed. I am packing that a little at a time so I'm not shoving things in there last minute!


Here are some pictures from the weekend with Mom...


Making chili, spaghetti sauce, white chili and taco soup!
NURSERY PROGRESS!!

Mom and I hung the valance while she was here. I was so excited to find it. Not sure if I shared this story on the blog but it was a random find. Wes and I were at USA baby looking at lamps when I came across this old Banana Fish bedding set in a bag in the back. I loved it immediately and knew it would be perfect in the nursery. The best part is they sold it to me without having to buy the rest of the set. SCORE! :) Wes and I ordered the shade for underneath the valance this weekend. Wes and I also had a cross stitch framed that his Mom made by hand right before he was born. It has the classic children's prayer "Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep..." stitched on it with little animals. It turned out so cute! It's neat to have something for baby boy that was in his Daddy's room! :)

We also hung the shelves and added a few knickknacks to them. We still need to get a few picture frames and hang some artwork that is currently on order. I'm finally feeling like
the work in the nursery is coming to an end.
This weekend we also received a call from Wes's sister Krystle that her sister-in-law Molly (Rob's sister) had her baby, Oliver Patrick! Congratulations Molly! This was exciting news but also freaked me out a bit as her due date is a week AFTER mine. After that phone call I started a few loads of baby boy's clothes - just in case. :)

No comments: