Thursday, January 29, 2009

38 weeks!

Wow, am I really only 2 weeks away from my due date? Give or take a few weeks I suppose, but it's still hard to believe! :) I want to go early! Not because I'm miserable, because I'm still feeling pretty darn good, but because induction is the last thing I want. The doctors will offer it at 41 weeks and insist on it at 42. Please pray that baby boy comes on his own. I'm feeling good this week as I'm officially on maternity leave. I feel rested and ready for his arrival! I don't feel like I've "dropped" or anything, but I'm definitely having stronger Braxton Hicks contractions more regularly. My next appointment is tomorrow.
In other news, we decided on a pediatrician and we really like her. I'm excited that we feel so comfortable with our decision after several "meet and greets" with doctors in the area. We are also narrowing down day care. Baby boy will be 6 months old when I go back to work, and believe it or not, there are waiting lists out there already!
A few weeks back, my Aunt Debbie who lives in Texas sent the CUTEST handmade baby blanket, booties and hat for baby boy. Aunt Debbie, I can't wait until your visit in March when you can see baby boy in them! :)

No comments: