Saturday, January 3, 2009

34 week checkup

This past week I had my 34 week checkup. I had a little scare as when the doctor did the fundal height measurement (This is where they take the tape measurer and measure from the breast bone to the bottom of the uterus. It's usually how many cms it is is how many weeks you are), he noticed I was measuring small. Now, the past few visits I was told by two different doctors that I would measure small b/c I'm tall and also have a long torso. The doctor said he wasn't worried but wanted me to get a growth scan ultrasound just to be safe. I of course got scared and nervous that something was wrong. However, the ultrasound proved that baby boy is growing just fine! Thank goodness! Sometimes the way a baby is positioned can have a lot to do with how big you measure/look, and he is just spread out sideways and has lots of room in there to hide! They also checked my amniotic fluid during the ultrasound and it was at 37% - normal range but on the lower end of the normal range. The doctor is having me come back in a week to have another ultrasound to check it. Again, they don't worry about anything until the fluid gets below 5%, and luckily I am nowhere close to that. I am so thankful to have such good and caring doctors that go above and beyond to make me feel comfortable and make sure the baby is healthy and safe. They are the best!

Everything else at the visit looked great. My weight gain (which is top secret and highly confidential information) and baby's weight is right where it should be. Right now baby boy weighs an estimated 4 pounds 12 ounces and they are predicting he will weigh somewhere around 7 lbs 7 ozs. when full term. That is only a prediction of course! His heartbeat was chugging right along as well. I'm so thankful things look ok!
In other happenings...This weekend Wes put the pack n play together to figure out where it is going to go in our bedroom. I also put together a massive list of addresses for the birth announcements - figuring I wouldn't have a lot of spare time for that after the birth. I also uploaded all the music we have received for baby into a playlist for the IPOD for his room and started packing my hospital bag. I figured it can't hurt to get a head start on things!

No comments: