Friday, 1/23, was my last day of school for the year. I was a bag of emotions. I was happy because let's face it, I can't hang with 25 10 year olds like I used to be able to. I'm looking forward to resting before baby's arrival. I was sad because I felt like a mother hen saying goodbye to 25 little ducklings. I know they are in good hands, but I know I will wonder and worry about them. I will be back to visit this year and told them that it is something we can all look forward to. I had them write me letters that I could read while I'm in the hospital. Of course I had to peek and read them, they are priceless and I'm seriously packing them in my hosptial bag. They are that good. :) We had a good day and shared our favorite memories from the year. I had a few teary eyes and quivering chins but all in all we held it together. :) Here's a picture my coworker Emily took of us that day. We like to have fun!
I work with an awesome group of people at Durbin. A special thank you to Emily, Susie and Betty for putting together the nicest surprise for me in the teacher's lounge:



I have to say when I walked in that morning I got all teary-eyed. Everyone had also signed a really nice card and there were just so many fun baby things to look through. I can't wait to come back with baby boy and introduce him to the nice people I work with!
Now that I am officially on maternity leave I hope to stay busy getting the house in "order" and washing some last minute clothes and other items. I guess we will see if that nesting instinct kicks in!
No comments:
Post a Comment