Friday, January 9, 2009

35 1/2 week checkup/ultrasound

Today's appointment went really well. I was nervous about my amniotic fluid. I misunderstood what the doctor told me last week. The 37% figure was not the amniotic fluid, but his percentile in weight. Duhhhh! So when I got into the ultrasound room, I found out last week my fluid was a 9, and they worry when it gets below a 5! I was closer than I thought to a 5 so I'm actually glad I didn't understand or else I would have worried all week! When we got into the ultrasound room I asked what would happen today if it's below a 5? And she said "We are having a baby!" YIKES! Thank goodness that today's measurements were better. The fluid was up to a 12 and they were very pleased. They also said because of the way he was positioned last week, that it actually could have been a bit higher than 9. I do have another ultrasound next week - they want to keep a close eye on it. Please pray that the fluid stays up! The doctor also told me to "take it easy." Not bedrest or anything crazy, but just to put my feet up and lay on my side when I could. I'm trying to sit more at school, which is always a challenge.

Baby boy's heartbeat was great and we even got some new videos of him. At this point, the ultrasound pics are hard to decipher as he's just too big to see anything very clearly. The first video he has hiccups, he gets them so often! :) The second one is of the heartbeat. Apparently baby boy has hair, as seen in the ultrasound today and in the picture below. Again, it's hard to see. That pretty much amazed Wes and I though that they saw it on the ultrasound. Hair or not, we are getting anxious to see him!Hair on his head!

Heartbeat Chugging along...


Hiccups and heartbeat...

No comments: