
This week Wes and I also took a Newborn Care class. Busy week! This was actually pretty handy as we got to practice lots of things on a baby - not a real one that actually moves, but a newborn size doll version. Our doll was a girl named "Diana Hospital" - pretty original huh? We practiced changing diapers (Wes was impressive!), swaddling, bathing, dressing, undressing, etc. I've been around my precious nieces plenty of times, but never really did too many of these things. It was nice to just get an overall lesson on each of these things. We also got to ask a pediatrician some questions about vaccines, visits during the first year, feeding and sleeping habits, when to call them freaking out in the middle of the night, that sort of thing. :) Speaking of pediatricians, we plan to do some meet and greets soon. If anyone has a recommendation in the Fishers area, we'd love to hear about them!

Yesterday marked the 15 year anniversary of my Dad's death. I've been thinking about him a lot lately with the baby coming soon. He would be so excited to meet baby boy. I hate that he can't be here for the big events in our lives, but I know he's watching us from above and smiling along with us. Wes and I plan to make sure little Leroy knows as much as possible about my Dad. It's hard to imagine I've lived 15 years now without him. Anyway, this post is for him. Love ya DAD! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment