
Last night was our first class for Childbirth "Preparation." (As if it's even possible to prepare for such an event!) We'll go to this class around 4 times, ending in mid-December. We have a very experienced woman who was a labor and delivery nurse for 33 years as our instructor. She takes this class very seriously! Tonight's class was pretty basic, going over different things such as timing contractions, determining false labor vs. the real deal, and some other junk I just won't go into on here. :) We did not see the infamous "birthing" video that I always hear about. Wes looked at me during the class and said "They'll save that for the last night. It's the grand finale." I guess we will soon find out! :) There are probably 12-15 other couples in the class... with due dates around ours all the way up to mid-April. It's interesting to see how DIFFERENT we all are carrying our little ones.
Near the end of class we practiced some breathing techniques and talked about having a focal point. All the moms-to-be even got a nice little back massage at the end. I think what I'm taking from tonight's class is to be open-minded about things. You can have the nicest-sounding and sense-making birth plan in the world but this little guy is going to have plans of his own that day and I just need to "roll with it." Right?!?!?! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment