Wednesday, November 26, 2008

29 weeks

This week marked 29 weeks... 11 (or less!) to go! WOW! I've been feeling pretty good this week. I found out after my last appointment that I failed my 1-hour glucose test (Screening for gestational diabetes). I have been pretty worried about it and had to go today for the 3 hour test. This involved fasting from midnight the prior evening and then they drew my blood 4 times: at 7 am, 8 am, 9 am and 10 am. I had to sit in the waiting room for 3 hours so I brought lots to do: papers to grade, laminated things to cut out and magazines to read. By the time I left I was pretty hungry and tired. I also had to drink another (larger) dose of the sugary glucose drink. YUCK! I've heard from lots of friends and family members who failed the first test and went on to pass the 2nd one. I was actually pretty shocked when I found out I had failed the one hour. I'll get results on Monday. At this point I'm trying to just give this worry to God and not stress because I know I can't change the outcome.
Wes and I are traveling to Louisville for Thanksgiving with my family and then on to Evansville for another Turkey Day celebration. We also have our couples shower while we are in Evansville. We are looking forward to spending time with family and lots of good things to eat!
Here's a picture of Wes and I from this past weekend at the Lion King. This was the first time I've sat in an aisle seat to see this show (It is my very favorite!) and I loved seeing the animals come down the aisle up close. I just wanted to reach out and touch them! ha ha As usual, it was a great show and I've been singing the tunes all week! :)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments: