February 10th has been a date stuck in our minds for 9 or so months, 40 weeks, and 280 days! Today is the due date! We are so ANTSY!

I had an appointment today and had made no progress. We have been scheduled to be induced on Tuesday, February 17th in the evening. More than likely I will have him on the 18th or possibly the 19th, depending on how I respond to the meds. I am terrified, I'm not going to sugar coat it. I cried quite a bit after today's appointment. Blame it on hormones, but I just wish he would come on his own. I realize plenty of women are induced and many healthy and beautiful babies come into the world this way, but I have always hoped he would come on his own. I have 7 days left of course, but I'm coming to terms with being induced. Today was just hard.
Baby boy seems to really like his home and has no immediate plans to leave. So I have served him his official eviction notice. :)
On a sad note, my due date also coincides with the day we lost my precious Grandma Engleman. It's been one year today. I know how excited she would be to have a new great-grandson. She was my last living grandparent, and I miss her so much. I have a lot of her traits and there are some old pictures of her that I have to take a double take on - we look so similar in them! We love and miss you!
No comments:
Post a Comment