Friday, February 6, 2009

39 week checkup

Today's appointment went well. I am 39 weeks and 3 days along...I was nervvvooouuusss as I knew they were going to "check me" and my progress. It was less painful than I was anticipating, and went quickly. I was effaced 50%, but not much else. Of course, this tells us nothing about when I will go into labor. Could be tomorrow, could be next week or so. But everything else looked good: heartbeat, position, etc. I go back on my due date (Tuesday of next week! WOW!) to get checked again and we will discuss induction at that point. So baby boy could very easily be arriving the week after next if he doesn't come on his own. I am coming to terms with this and realizing lots of women are induced. If he comes on his own it will just be a wonderful surprise! :)
In other news, the nursery is now officially finished. Wes hung our blinds that came in. They are darkening shades and block a lot of the afternoon sun that peaks into the room. We can also hide them all the way up underneath the valance!

No comments: