I've heard LOTS of things in the past few weeks about how to "induce" my labor. Everything from eating spicy food to drinking castor oil (no thanks!). I think the cashier at my friendly neighborhood Kroger said it best yesterday when she told me (in the most southern voice) "Well when the fruit is ripe it will fall from the tree..." This cracked us up, but I really do hope baby boy is "ripe" enough to come on his own. :)

Another old wive's tale I've heard was that on full moons, hospitals overstaff the labor and delivery floors. This is supposedly because of the effect of the change in barometric pressure on pregnant women. Not sure if it's true - but there's a full moon tonight so here's to hoping! :)
My next appointment/checkup is tomorrow where we will probably set an induction date for the following week if I have not progressed on my own, which I don't think I have. For now I'm trying to just roll with it and be open minded!
Wes and I had a very relaxing weekend and got to sleep in and get lots of rest, go to dinner, and see some movies. We are both so anxious that he could arrive at any moment! I've been keeping busy baking and cooking, organizing where I can, and spending lots of time with our furry little girl, Lilly! :)
1 comment:
Enjoy your last few days!! I'm sure you are so excited, and we will be very excited to hear the news that Baby Buente has arrived. Becoming a mommy is way better than you can even imagine. :)
Post a Comment