Monday, October 27, 2008

The Mathes Toe...

So today was our follow-up ultrasound. Leroy was much more cooperative this time around! Who is Leroy you ask? Well, I'll tell you. This is what we have lovingly been calling our unborn son as we have yet to come up with a name. It's a term of endearment that I have also called Wes over the years, not sure where it came from but we laugh...
Leroy is a mover. He changed positions during this ultrasound about 4-5 times. The technician was amazed at his ability to flip and flop. I felt several kicks during the ultrasound and it was very neat to see them while feeling them at the same time. I'm always wondering what body part I'm feeling!
We found out today that he weighs about 1 lb 11 oz according to measurements, and I am measuring 25 weeks. I am measuring right along with my due date of Feburary 10th. He is in the 55% percentile for his size, which is close to perfect! Everything else looked great, praise God! I asked how big his head was and I thought she gave me a circumference measurement but I think I must have blacked out afterwards and now I can't remember. :)

Something neat from today: The technician was looking at a shot of his foot, and we were counting his toes. I've been somewhat curious lately about whose feet he will have. We have something called a "Mathes toe" in our family, it's a play on words because the common name for it is the Morton's toe - it's where the 2nd toe is longer than your big toe. I have this so-called Mathes toe as do other family members (don't worry, your identity is safe with me).

Anyway - the technician actually pointed out that his 2nd toe looked longer than his first and I just thought that was the neatest thing, that they can tell something like that on the ultrasound. It's just so crazy that already, without him even being born, we know he has this trait. Ah, my Dad would be so proud of this! :) Now it makes me think, will he have Wes' blue eyes or light hair? My crazy cowlick? We will have to wait and see...
And now for a few videos...
Rolling Over (his head is down)

In this video, it's a bird's eye view of his head. You can see him moving his mouth and even see his tongue at one point!

This is another mouth shot. He has a sucking motion with his mouth. Is he sucking his thumb? I can't tell!

In this video, he lets loose a punch on momma. Then I laugh which you can see the whole thing kinda shake. When I noticed this on the ultrasound, it made me laugh some more so that is why you see the whole thing shake again.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Those videos are amazing, I've never seen them before! I'm so excited for you! I'm catching up on the blog...it's been awhile.