This past week Chase has done much better with falling asleep on his own at night. We concentrate on nighttime for this, and will start working on naps soon. I've read LOTS of books lately, and feel like I get myself so confused sometimes with all the different tips I've read. What I've done is I have taken tips from each of them and am just trying to do different things to see what works for Chase. I liked The No Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley and one by Tracy Hogg, the "Baby Whisperer!" :) Both are advocates of responding to your baby's cries. I also read Happiest Baby on the Block, Babywise, and Sleeping Through the Night. I also read anything by Dr. Sears I can get my hands on such as Attachment Parenting, The Baby Sleep Book and Nighttime Parenting to name a few. Let me know if you'd like an official book report on any of the above. :)
I'm so proud of Chase for doing so well. I'm also glad that I haven't had to resort to "crying it out." I'm glad there are books out there that teach and support other ways of doing it!

No comments:
Post a Comment