Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Happy 6 Months Chase!

Chase turned 6 months old today. I honestly cannot believe how time has flown by. I feel like it was just a few short weeks ago that we brought him home from the hospital. Now he's such a big boy!Has it really been half of a year?!?!We had small group that night so I made a peanut butter brownie treat to celebrate his 1/2 birthday!
Chase also had his 6 month checkup on Monday. He weighed in at 15 lbs! We were so excited. He was 11% in weight (still growing on his own curve!) and 45% in height. Dr. Gollnick was thrilled with his growth and progress and even said there's no need to supplement at this point, which we really haven't done the past month or so, unless you count the 3 extra ounces we give him at night before bed. YAY!! He got 2 more shots at this visit and barely cried. Wes and I were expecting him to cry like he did at his 4 month appt., but once Wes picked him up he gave us a big grin. What a tough cookie!Here's a funny picture I took as he was waking up from a nap the other day. He rolled over on top of his "lovey" and had one sock off and one sock on. We usually try to grab his blankie after he has fallen asleep but as you can see he was on top of it! :) He has been going down pretty easily at night. He goes to bed around 6:30 pm and gets up around 6:00 or 7:00 am. Some nights he gets up to eat once, others he sleeps right through. He also might wake up during the night but soothes himself back to sleep. Now if naps were only that easy!

No comments: