I'm almost afraid to type it because I don't want to jinx myself, but since last Tuesday, Chase has been sleeping through the night. I'm sure this will change, but for now anyway, it is great! He will go down anywhere between 8 pm and 10 pm, depending on when he took his afternoon nap (if he takes one that is!) and then wake up around 6 or 7 am. One or two nights we had a hard time getting him to go down to sleep. I've been reading books and talking to other Moms about sleeping/napping habits and although he's sleeping through the night, I'd like to get him to nap during the day and keep a consistent "routine" at night. For us, that is a bath, a book, a feeding and bed. I think we've decided that we will have a routine, just not a strict schedule because some nights he will go to bed earlier and then some nights it'll be later. This also allows Mom and Dad to be out past 8:00 pm here and there. Flexibility!
There are so many "sleep training" methods out there and I feel you just have to do what works for you and your child (and his or her personality). The books and advice often contradict the other and it can become very frustrating to know what to do. If you are reading this and have any great tips, please let us know! We are new to this! :)
In other news, Chase weighed 12 pounds 2 ounces today when weighed at breastfeeding support group. Have I mentioned how WONDERFUL this has been? Not only do I go for great advice from a lactation consultant, but I'm also gaining great insight from lots of Moms who have older children and have "been there" as far as breastfeeding goes. I have made so many wonderful friends and just love it! This past week Chase did not take the supplements very well, maybe 4-5 the entire week. But this tells me that he is getting enough from me and he still gained weight, so that is great. Please pray that this continues. I'm hoping the pediatrician will say we can stop supplementing and take it a week at a time and kind of see how he gains.
Chase at the Farmers Market this past weekend
Chase at the Farmers Market this past weekend
Word.
No comments:
Post a Comment