Last week when I went to the breastfeeding support group, Chase had gained only 2 ounces for that week. I PANICKED! He should be gaining 1/2 an ounce to 1 ounce per day, or 4-7 ounces per week. After talking to the lactation consultant, I starting pumping in between feedings and we introduced the bottle to Chase last week in order to give him additional ounces throughout the day. We have been working so hard! He took to the bottle well and takes it from Dad so he is not confused to get a bottle from me. Monday's weigh in went much better and he had gained appropriately! He was about 8 lbs and 3 1/2 ounces at the support group but then when I weighed him at the doctor later that day (I took him in for what I thought was a rash but it ended up being nothing), he was nearly 8 lbs 6 ounces! (Different scales, slightly different weights) I was happy with either weight, and so relieved our hard work is paying off! "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Weighing in...
Last week when I went to the breastfeeding support group, Chase had gained only 2 ounces for that week. I PANICKED! He should be gaining 1/2 an ounce to 1 ounce per day, or 4-7 ounces per week. After talking to the lactation consultant, I starting pumping in between feedings and we introduced the bottle to Chase last week in order to give him additional ounces throughout the day. We have been working so hard! He took to the bottle well and takes it from Dad so he is not confused to get a bottle from me. Monday's weigh in went much better and he had gained appropriately! He was about 8 lbs and 3 1/2 ounces at the support group but then when I weighed him at the doctor later that day (I took him in for what I thought was a rash but it ended up being nothing), he was nearly 8 lbs 6 ounces! (Different scales, slightly different weights) I was happy with either weight, and so relieved our hard work is paying off!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(112)
-
▼
March
(17)
- Happy Birthday Wes!
- Weighing in...
- Family Visits!
- Out and About!
- A photo shoot...and a SMILE!
- Wallaby sling
- One Month Old!
- First Walk!
- Happy St. Patrick's Day!
- One Month Doctor's Visit/First Outing with Mommy
- Look What I Can Do! (3 weeks old)
- Mimi and Uncle Brad Visit!
- Newborn Photos!
- Chase's First Photo Shoot!
- 2 week checkup
- Special Visitors!
- A week of Firsts!
-
▼
March
(17)
No comments:
Post a Comment