Thursday, July 2, 2009

sleep...

sleep. We've become obsessed with it. Not that we're not getting any shuteye, because we are, but because Wes and I have been working so hard on getting Chase on a nap/sleep routine. At his age, he should be able to go 5 or more hours at night, which he often does. I think a lot of times I think of my version of sleeping through the night which would be more like 7 or 8 hours. He's doing a great job, it definitely could be a lot worse. I need to keep that in mind when he gets up at 1 am to eat, but then sleeps until 6 or 7! :) I almost wish we didn't have that 2 weeks worth of all night sleep...it spoiled us!
Our challenge remains getting him to fall asleep on his own in the crib. He'll do this at night when he wakes up and he's very tired, but for naps and for going down at night, it's a challenge. I have strong feelings against crying it out, and have found several books and pediatricians who support other ways of "teaching" a baby to fall asleep without the agony of crying it out. We are working hard at it and so far I'm happy with the tips I've received!

Chase at 2 1/2 weeks...

1 comment:

Trisha said...

What are you doing instead of crying it out? I love hearing other new ideas. It sure is no fun to make then cry. :)