Wednesday, July 15, 2009

21 weeks!


Chase turned 21 weeks today! He's doing great! For the past 3 weeks he has gained about 6 ounces each week. When he was younger they told me 4-7 ounces a week was normal and that once he hit 3 months or so his weight gain would really start to taper off. I'm glad to know he's still gaining each week! We haven't been supplementing a whole lot so he's gaining without "extras!" Some weeks I cheat just to see if he'll gain without supplementing. I'm ready to stop it! :) Last week on Monday 7/13 he weighed 13 lbs. 11 ounces.
Things are still going pretty well at night. Chase is getting up for one middle of the night feeding, usually around 4 or 5 am. Getting him down is still our challenge. Even for naps he fusses before he falls asleep, no matter if we catch him in his "window" of sleepiness or not. It is obvious though when we have gotten the timing right, he isn't as over-tired and doesn't fight it as much. We are still working on lengthening the naps. At a cookout this past weekend, Chase napped in his carseat for an hour and 40 minutes! We couldn't believe it!
We also put Chase in his high chair for the 1st time this week. He now gets to watch Mom and Dad eat, but he doesn't get to. How nice of us, huh? :) He will start on cereal in about 3 weeks, but I wanted him to join us at the table to get used to it.
Here are some pictures from the past week or so...
Sleepy boy. This does NOT look comfortable to me. :)
Helping Daddy with some work

In the high chair for the 1st time...

I'm ready for some cereal Mom!


Sleepy face. LOVE these dinosaur pjs.Who's that cute baby?

No comments: