Chase is now 22 weeks old. He is sleeping in his own crib now and doing really well at night. For the past week or so he's slept through the night from about 7 pm to 6:30 or 7 am! Yahoo! If only I were sleeping that entire time! :) I of course wake with every creak or moan on the monitor. He's still a tummy sleeper. Naps continue to challenge us. He HATES to be put down in his crib awake, but as I do it more and more, there seem to be signs that he will be able to do it someday. He might fuss a bit at first because he is used to us rocking him to sleep, but then he calms down and after a bit of rolling around, drifts off, only to fight it so much that he comes out of his drowsy state. It's frustrating to watch! He is luckily great at self soothing at night (mostly through thumb/finger sucking) and we haven't had to go in and console him back to sleep. I think I've been reading too many books, all that have different methods and advice. I like to read them all and them kind of see what might work for us. A few things I'm happy I did were to get the sound machine for the nursery and introduce Chase's "lovey" - a blankie that we hold onto while nursing, rocking, and snuggle time. I'm still too paranoid to leave it in the crib, but I'll let him drift off with it and then I take it out. Here are some pics from the week...
It was "wear your plaid shorts" day at our house... :)
Chase has learned to get up on his knees and even rocked a bit a few times. Once he learns that will get him going things are going to get interesting...
Such concentration
Chase and his "lovey"


Chase has learned to get up on his knees and even rocked a bit a few times. Once he learns that will get him going things are going to get interesting...
Such concentration
Chase and his "lovey"This past weekend Grandma and Grandpa Buente stopped by on their way home from Chicago to see Chase. Here are a few pics from the day!


Chase and Grandma having a good old time!
Chase is really proud of his Aunt Krystle and Uncle Rob. They finished a half Ironman this past weekend and did amazingly well! We are all really proud of you two and all of your hard work!
No comments:
Post a Comment