Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ahhh, that smile!

I took some cute pics of Chase today that I wanted to post. He is such a smiley, happy boy! His smile just melts my heart and it is our goal in life to get him to smile as much as possible! I feel that we are settling into a routine with Chase. We are also learning what each of his cries mean. I remember when I was pregnant and I would read in my books that after a while you will know exactly what a baby needs based on his or her cry and I remember thinking, gosh that must take a while - how will I figure that out? But it's true, they do sound so different, depending on his needs. He also has established a pattern of fussy times. About 2 hours after he wakes up in the morning you can bet on a short fussy period, followed by a nap. We are trying to put him in his crib in his room for his naps so he gets used to being in there. At this time he's still in his bassinet in our room. We also have started to put him down around 7:30 or so at night, before his nightly fuss :) The past two nights he has slept for 5 hours in a row and then another 2 or 3 after his night feeding. I hope that sticks, because 5 hours in a row feels like heaven! :)

No comments: