Saturday, September 20, 2008

What a feeling!


About a week ago, around 18 weeks, I felt what I describe as little butterflies low in my belly. I kept asking myself and Wes "Surely that's not the baby, is it?" Because this is new to both of us, I never knew for sure! : )
I have heard many people tell me they felt their baby well before this, but I don't think I ever did - until this week! If I lie down on the couch or in bed and I'm really still, I can definitely feel little butterflies. It almost feels like tiny bubbles popping, it's a weird but amazing sensation. I get a huge smile on my face and stop whatever it is I'm doing and just wait for more!
It's crazy to think that the baby is now about 6 inches long and has hair sprouting! Some experts believe the baby can hear my voice at this point. We better get out my Eric Carle books and start reading now!

No comments: