Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sharing with my students...

I shared my pregnancy with my students on Friday. I am now 5 months/20 weeks. I was so excited to tell them, but so nervous for some reason! I made up a math riddle where they had to do some multiplication facts, then gave them a letter bank for each of their answers. They started filling in the blanks as I walked around the room. It was so fun to watch them hurry up to try to figure out what it said, which was "Guess who's having a baby?"

Some of the boys got it and just starting GIGGLING uncontrollably. Others just looked utterly confused. I asked one little girl if she knew who it was and she said "His Mom?" pointing to the boy who sits next to her, whose Mom had a baby the day before! ha ha Others kept guessing "Mrs. Tracy!" - my co-worker who left for maternity leave the same day. I finally had to say "It's ME!" They clapped and cheered and were really excited. It was funny to see them all stare at my belly for the rest of the afternoon. A few of the girls said they thought it was getting bigger but they weren't sure :) Some of the boys asked funny questions about how big the baby was and compared it to a tadpole. It's fun to hear a 4th grader's perspective on the world. They constantly make me laugh!

It was nice to share the news. Now I can now let it all hang out! :)

No comments: